More with the Grindhouse? Yes. Have I been brainwashed by Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez? Maybe. See what else the double-feature directors told me, and decide yourself.
A Friend of My Brother Is…Something? A particularly brave reporter asked Quentin how he would feel if Planet Terror scored some kind of Oscar nod over Death Proof। He cackled. His eyes got all gooey. "Oh...well...the...they...a friend of my brother is my brother," he guffawed. Robert was good and reminded us that Tarantino is a producer on Terror. So Quentin laughed, "I'd get to go onstage!" Nice save, Robert.
Neither of These Guys Is Going to Make Terms of Endearment... During the junket, one huge-brained journalizer asked Tarantino if he had any desire to make a serious movie with dramatic characters. I kind of thought Tarantino might throw a punch. He didn't.
But I mean, that's like asking Woody Allen if he's gonna try and get himself a Fantastic Four franchise. That's also why it's a great question. You never freaking know, you know?
"The argument could be made that I did that with Jackie Brown," Quentin offered. "It is a character piece, that is what it is about. And I could do that again. I do feel like now is mountain-climbing time, now while I've got all the piss and vinegar to do it."
But What About Machete: The Movie? Let's just say I'll be shocked if we don't see a feature starring character actor/tough guy Danny Trejo, who shows up in a faux trailer between the Grindhouse double features. It's for something called Machete, and it's one of the best of parts of the whole film. Like, the theater went insane while this one was on—like, they need to make a real movie out of it right this instant. Tarantino has said that the plan is for fans to dictate what comes next. Well, if buzz is any indication, Machete has won before millions of fans have even gotten to play.
Get Your Own Email
Bollywood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment